Grant Douglas Ward was a virtual recreation of the real-world person of the same name inside the Framework. While working undercover as a HYDRA agent who was given the task in finding and capturing Inhumans, his true allegiance was to S.H.I.E.L.D. after discovering that his partner and girlfriend Skye was a latent Inhuman. When Skye had come into contact with a mysterious ally, Jemma Simmons, Ward revealed his allegiance to the Patriot. Ward continued his fight against HYDRA, finding Skye to be acting like a different person until it was revealed that she believed that Ward was living inside the Framework, an alternative reality. Ward remained loyal to S.H.I.E.L.D. in the wake of Skye's confession and the death of the Patriot, helping his allies escape the Framework and causing a revolution against HYDRA.
- Expert Marksman: As a trained agent of HYDRA, Ward has a significant amount of training in various fields of combat, such as marksmanship. He has demonstrated this feat by killing a HYDRA agent with one shot.
- Expert Combatant: Trained by both S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA, Ward is an expert at hand-to-hand fighting, as well as various weapons. He often uses these skills on field missions.
- Quinjet: Ward piloted a S.H.I.E.L.D. Quinjet during the Mission to Ogygia to transport himself, Jemma Simmons, and Phil Coulson as passengers.
- FN Five-seveN: Ward was issued this handgun as his standard sidearm while working for HYDRA, using it to threaten Daisy Johnson and Jemma Simmons. After revealing his true allegiance to the Resistance, Ward continued to carry this sidearm on missions to Ogygia and The Bakshi Report studio.
- Barrett M98B: During the Assassination of Agnes Kitsworth within the Framework, Ward used this sniper rifle in an attempt to kill Madame Hydra and Leo Fitz. However, he missed his opportunity and was instead forced to fire at HYDRA operatives to defend his team.
- Skye † - HYDRA Colleague and Girlfriend
- Holden Radcliffe
- Hope Mackenzie
- Chris Adler
- HYDRA - Former Employers turned Enemy
In chronological order:
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.